On Monday, August 5, 2013 the County of Ventura began sponsoring a shuttle on Kanan Road in Oak Park. This demonstration service operates from about 6:40 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:10 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. on Saturday except major holidays.
The Kanan Shuttle serves Oak Park High School, Medea Creek Middle School and the residential areas near Kanan Road. See MAP.
The vehicles have bicycle racks and are accessible to people with mobility concerns.
To ride the Kanan Shuttle, there is no need to call to request a ride. Just check the schedule and go to a bus stop displaying the Kanan Shuttle logo.
During peak hours (about 7:00 – 9:00 am and 2:30 - 4:00 pm) buses will run every 5-20 minutes. At other times, the buses will run every 40-50 minutes. See SCHEDULE. Riders may transfer to and from Metro Route 161 at Thousand Oaks Boulevard and Kanan Road or at the bus stop near the Burger King on Roadside Drive.
Rules and Passenger Conduct
The Kanan Shuttle is a free community service. We will not
provide service to passengers that engage in the behaviors
listed below. Riders who do not follow this code will be subject
to suspension of riding privileges, citation or arrest:
• Bullying or rough housing on the shuttle or at bus stops
• Threats of harm, assault, or battery on a driver or passenger
• Verbal abuse or harassment including the use of profanity,
intimidation, or altercation with a driver or passenger
• Failure to obey a driver’s lawful instructions
• Causing damage to the vehicle
• Repeated violations of riding rules
• Failure to maintain reasonable personal hygiene which may
expose the driver and passengers to health and safety risks
• Criminal conduct prohibited by the California Penal Code
To keep everyone’s Kanan Shuttle experience pleasant, please
observe the following:
• Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes is not permitted
on-board or within 25 feet of any bus stop
• Headphones must be used with all electronic devices
that transmit sound and the volume must not disturb
• Remain seated at all times
• Minimize conversations with the driver
• Hold small children securely
• Anything brought on-board must remain in your possession
and out of aisles at all times
• Non-service animals may be transported on the bus only
in a Department of Transportation approved animal carrier
that is placed on the passenger’s lap
The following are never permitted on the Kanan Shuttle:
• Open food and beverage containers
• Strollers, walkers, shopping carts, or large items that may
block aisles, take up seats, or that a passenger cannot carry,
fold, and stow
• Items too numerous to be controlled, carried, or handled by
• Firearms, weapons, or hazardous materials